Social Metrics Methods
Talent Sphere Mapping ™ focuses on identifying, quantitatively, active social networks internal to your organization (for analysis on the external stakeholder see Human Domain Mapping™). Formal positions, titles and roles in the organization are no longer descriptive of authority, influence, collaboration, productivity, or innovation. For executives and leaders seeking to understand their companies Talent Sphere Mapping™ provides a logical step forward from the ambiguous assumptions of traditional organizational behavior methods.
The formal structure of the organization no longer applies. It doesn’t tell us very much and it never really has. Behind formal reporting structures are hidden networks and hidden relationships where the true power of the organization lays. Our proprietary models allow us to uncover those networks and measure them in quantitative, relevant, and very precise ways.
If you are an executive that needs to understand how to better implement change, or a line manager who wants to build a more effective team, or someone responsible for choosing and building committees, Talent Sphere Mapping ™ is the most effective service in the market today to help you identify and build an effective company.
The formal structure of the organization no longer applies. It doesn’t tell us very much and it never really has. Behind formal reporting structures are hidden networks and hidden relationships where the true power of the organization lays.
Social Metrics Applied to the Organization
Utilizing social metrics and a proprietary process, we measure your talents’ sphere of influence. By identifying the power, expertise, and resistance brokers in your firm’s networks, we can help you see a picture of the potential for success or failure.
We analyze and understand different work, process, and emotion-based networks in your organization and visualize them. We use measurements, metrics, statistics, and data to visualize and then find deep insights otherwise hidden if qualitative methods are used. Based on those insights we assist in developing a plan for an intervention that will allow you to achieve your objectives.
Applications to Spheres of Influence Include:
- Who are the message gatekeepers, the message stoppers, the employees who actively promote your message?
- Where are the rumor networks, and how fast do rumors move in your company?
- Are the current communication methods effective? Is there too much communication!?
- What is the relationship between the level and type of communication and performance?
- Can you identify the top performers? Are they specialists or generalists?
- Are experts in your organization central to the direction of your organization?
- Are they periphery specialists who tend to be innovative or expertise brokers with institutional knowledge?
- Can you identify and explain the critical success stakeholders for your project?
- Can you identify critical sponsors o ensure project success?
- What is the relationship between building project coalitions and overall project success?
- Who hold the essence of your organizational culture?
- Who can help change your culture?
- Who are the resistance power brokers, the cynics, the bureaucrats?
- Do top performers in your firm tend to be individual contributors or team collaborators?
- How can you increase the performance of your individual and teams?
- Do you use promotion criteria built solely on experience or should leaders excel in navigating organizational challenges and its people?